Monday, November 4, 2013

The First Few Days

So I thought to myself when I got here "why don't you make a blog?" But I didn't and now I feel bad about it. So I'm starting one now. I tried writing things down in a journal, but it felt like homework. Maybe this will be better.

I arrived at Belfast International Airport on Tuesday, 10 September 2013 after a long day of traveling that began at O'Hare on the 9th of September. I went through customs (the customs lady knew everyone with a UK passport). I then found the LOVELY Kelly Stewart and her dad in the lobby. I changed out of my workout capris into actual pants since it was wonderfully cool there. It was 94 when I left Chicago. Ew.

First impressions of Northern Ireland:

It's green
I'm cold
So many sheep (I thought it was a stereotype)
I'm going to die we're driving on the wrong side of the road

Very pretty views

We ended up taking the scenic route due to a stubborn and confusing GPS. I was ok with this problem. 

We got to Derry/Londonderry. This is where I'll be spending my semester. We finally found out where exactly I was supposed to go. I took a shower and took a nap. Then I woke up and walked to the nearby Sainsbury's for some dinner. 

Great, I'm across the street from KFC.

This week was spent in Orientation programs. The next post will have some actual pictures from Derry. 

-Shannon




No comments:

Post a Comment