Friday, November 29, 2013

London! Days 1,2, and 4

I had the pleasure of returning to London for a weekend. We left Friday evening from the City of Derry Airport and flew Ryanair to London Stansted. The flight is only about an hour long. We took a bus from Stansted to Liverpool street, which took longer than the flight, hopped on the tube (my old friend) and went to our hostel near Kings Cross Station.
I had to stop at my favorite restaurant first.

The next day we set out to Kings Cross to catch the tube back into central London. 
This has been added since the last time I was here

We started in Trafalgar Square, since it's basically the center of London



We then stumbled upon Buckingham Palace:


The Eye


Next stop: Bankside! (the best side in my opinion) You can find the Tate Modern and Shakespeare's Globe over there. 
The view from outside the Tate Modern

The Tate Modern: My Favorite Museum 

St. Paul's from the Millennium Bridge 

Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
The Tower Bridge as seen from the Millennium Bridge

We stopped for a bit at St. Paul's

We then went to the National Gallery. We basically just looked at the Van Gogh's and got out of there. 
We headed down to Oxford Street then to see the Christmas Lights. We took the tube there, since last last time I tried to go to Oxford Street we ended up at Buckingham Palace. 


For dinner we had Nepalese food, which was soooo good. 
NOMS

Ok, so on Sunday, I went to the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Celebration. That needs its own post. So I'm skipping ahead to Monday now. 
We started by grabbing some breakfast and then heading off to the BBC

The cause of and solution to all of my problems.

We peeked in at the newsroom. Very cool. I'll have to go back and take a tour.

We wandered around SoHo for a while, and then ended up in Piccadilly Circus:


OK. So we went to Baker Street next. I have to admit, I only went here because of the BBC's Sherlock staring the BEAUTIFUL Benedict Cumberbatch. 
Even the Baker Street tube station is Sherlock-y

We didn't go into the museum. I've heard it isn't worth it. 

Yeah, you're not Benedict Cumberbatch or Martin Freeman so hop off


We then hopped on the bus back to Stansted, and got on our flight back to Derry. It was a wonderful weekend! 

Next Post: DOCTOR WHO
















No comments:

Post a Comment