Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cliffs of Moher!

We left from Galway and headed off to the Cliffs of Moher. We drove through the Burren. It's full of switchbacks and narrow roads. I got carsick, so that was my contribution to the day.
Castle was closed since it was Sunday. booo


We had to stop here so that I wouldn't throw up

The Cliffs



There were tiny bugs flying all over the place. Sometimes they showed up in pictures. 
Also, the cliffs of Moher claim to be home to some puffins. I was very excited to see them, and then they weren't there. I was crushed. (and I don't care if it wasn't their "nesting season" or whatever nonsense they be playin'. I NEEDED A PUFFIN AND THE CLIFFS OF MOHER DID NOT DELIVER)


I did buy a small stuffed puffin and petted a wooden puffin to drown my sorrows.

We then spent the night in Shannon. I made sure that we did this, because I wanted to post a Facebook status saying that I was in Shannon. It was worth it. 

We ate here

LOOK AT HOW CUTE!

Next stop: Bunratty Folk Park and Blarney Castle




No comments:

Post a Comment