Monday, November 4, 2013

Giant's Causeway

I was more than excited to go the Giant's Causeway. I've never properly seen the ocean (New York City doesn't count). I WAS PUMPED. 
On the way to the Giant's Causeway, we stopped in the town of Bushmills briefly. Bushmills is famous for whiskey. I'll return to Bushmills later on. 

GIANT'S CAUSEWAY YAY!

Me: being excited for the ocean





Giant's Causeway has some awesome rock formations. 



Lots of uphill walking/staggering/dying

There's a tale about how the Causeway was formed. It involves a giant named Finn. I won't do the story justice, so you guys can just Google it (yes, I am lazy).

The Causeway more than lived up to my expectations. It was awesome, and beautiful, and many other adjectives.

Next we stopped in Portrush, which is a pretty popular summer destination. Since it was September, the place was pretty much deserted.


No shortage of cats. 





This was an exhausting and wonderful day. I can't wait to come back here again. 

-Shannon 


















No comments:

Post a Comment