Friday, November 29, 2013

Bunratty Castle and Blarney Castle

Next we traveled to Bunratty Castle, located just outside Shannon Ireland. The castle was pretty neat. There's a huge folk park on the grounds of the castle. There's sheep and cows and ponies. There's also a lot of cute little shops and old buildings:

Bunratty Castle

Top of the castle! You can see the River Shannon in the background

SUCH CUTE LITTLE (giant) PUPPIES!
Little church in the folk park

Next we drove to Blarney! Home of the Blarney Castle and the Blarney Stone!!!!! This is the destination I had been looking forward to the most. For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to come to Ireland and kiss the Blarney Stone. If you kiss the stone, you apparently get the gift of gab. To kiss the stone, you have to lay on your back and lean backwards, while a strange man gropes the part of my body I hate most. But it's totally worth it. 

The gardens surrounding the castle are really nice. 

The castle up close

Shout-out to the professional photographer for taking this picture with my camera after my mom missed it the first time! 

Up so higghhhh




There's also a poison garden on the castle grounds! So cool. 


Poison Ivy. There were castor plants, tobacco, weed, and other "poison" plants. 

Blarney Castle has been the highlight of this trip for me. It was great to get to finally go here. 

Next: Rock of Cashel! 






No comments:

Post a Comment